Friday, July 06, 2007

Organic Potatoes Just Picked Yesterday... How Sweet IT IS!

Amazing potatoes made into beautiful 4th of July potato salad! My Sparkly Girl and I visited the Farmers Market on Tuesday and purchased just harvested organic white potatos from two lovely ladies. I don’t know their names, but I did notice that they have a certified organic farm certificate. We also bought an amazing heirloom pepper… not sure what I am going to do with this yet.

We have yet to spend an amazing amount of money at the market, but I am trying my best to support local farmers. I just finished reading Plenty, which I would recommend to anyone interested in the local foods movement and am now reading Barbara Kingsolvers new book about local food… seems to be a theme in my library picking!

GO TO YOUR LOCAL FARMERS MARKET!

No comments: