Saturday, July 07, 2007

idigmygarden,com

I just found this website online about heirloom gardening and I am hooked. I think this is the year I get serious about gardening… well, really next year, but this is the year I start planning and figuring out things.

I do have 3 tomato plants, four green peppers, 4 cucumbers, 12 pumpkins, 6 watermellons, 10 radish, and a bed of zinnias… that is more then I have ever planted. We have harvested 7 cherry tomatoes and they were sweet, but I have learned that with a family my size I need at least 20 tomato plants!

I am getting Miragreen peas, sugarsnap peas, purple pod peas, sweet basil, lemon basil, lime basil, blessed thistle, marshmallow, and soapwort sent by a lovely woman in Georgia… I can’t wait to put them out!

Mmmmm small farm gardening is really wonderful. I can’t wait until I have seeds to share.

No comments: