Sunday, July 22, 2007

Decluttering has become a PRIORITY!

I can not stand living like a packrat any longer! The truth of the matter is our actual living areas look lovely. That is because everything is hidden in closets, under the stairs, shoved in the shed, or crammed in some other spot. It is time to stop this.

This all happened when 4 years ago we had 1 week to move from the house we were renting to this house that we bought. It was raining, we had to have friends help us pack, and I had no idea where to put anything. So we just shoved things in boxes and then piled them in closets.

There are boxes full of things that I have not seen for over 4 years.

Pathetic. SO, I am going to do this in incremental steps. 10 minutes a day with full days devoted to this. I am going to be ruthless. I will always get more stuff, so why hold onto this stuff.

My goal is to be done before December 1… just in time to decorate for the holidays.

No comments: