Saturday, June 23, 2007

Interestingly

I wonder if becoming a vegetarian is really my goal. I have definate ideas about food and food culture. Part of me thinks that it is a bit classist to even consider becoming a vegitarian. If I were extremely poor, not just the american poor that I am, I would eat what I had regardless of what it was… and I assume be thankful.

It is with our multitude of choices in a land filled with abundance that we can even think about being vegitarian.

So, I wonder if this goal fits me… I think more that I would like to eat food that is more local. That is appealing. It would be a mostly vegitarian diet because all of the meat products in my area are shipped to larger markets out of the area.

I think I am going to think about this for a few more days and perhaps change my goal.

No comments: